The DMC-020 is a digital magnetic compass solution for use in precision heading applications. The DMC is designed for integration into customer systems using a 3.3-voltage logic level or a standard RS232 serial data interface.
The DMC-020-2D is a two-axis precision compass with two orthogonal flax gate sensors and can be used in tilted application while 3D calibration is impossible.
The DMC-020-3D includes a MEMS accelerometer for a horizontal three-axis, tilt compensated precision compass for performance up to a ±80° tilt range.
The DMC-020-3DG version includes 3D MEMS gyro. Fusion of the sensors’ data allows to improve the compass accuracy in noisily environment and implement more reliable and user-friendly field calibration algorithm.
• Compact Solution on a 40x30mm PCB
• Precision Compass Accuracy
• Tilt-Compensated (DMC-020-3Dx-xx-xxx)
• 0.2° Repeatability
• Up to 20Hz Continuous Update Rate
• Field Calibration Routine
• -40°C to +85°C Operation temperature
• Small size
• Up to ±0.3° Leveled Heading
• Up to ±80° of Pitch and Roll Angles
• Flux Gate Sensors for Consistency
• Rapid Heading Calculation
• User Driven Calibration for High Accuracy
• Military Grade Uses
Performance data applies at 25 ⁰ C, 0g acceleration, stand-alone operation